This month PRECISIONheor would like to highlight the work and expertise of Senior Director Steve Sison, MS.
Steve specializes in:
- Analytic programming, methodology, and best practices
- Knowledge, feasibility assessment, and use of retrospective healthcare real-world data (RWD) in HEOR research, including administrative claims, electronic medical records, public health survey and registry data, international healthcare data sources, medical coding ontologies
- Data management (extract, transformation, and loading) and governance (data access usage agreements and compliance)
Steve recently co-authored 2 insightful publications, including:
- Effect of discontinuing nebulizer maintenance bronchodilator therapy during the COVID-19 pandemic: A retrospective cohort study of elderly COPD patients residing in long-term care facilities
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a heightened concern of SARS-CoV-2 transmission among patients on nebulizers, causing some health care providers to discontinue nebulized maintenance therapy with long-acting bronchodilators among patients with COPD in long-term care (LTC) facilities. The study objective was to compare health outcomes between patients with COPD who discontinued nebulizer maintenance therapy versus those who did not.
- US national payers analysis of the incremental healthcare burden among patients with treatment-resistant depression
- Treatment-resistant depression (TRD) affects an estimated 20 to 30% of patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) and represents a critical unmet need in the management of the disease. This study compared the healthcare burden of patients with TRD versus non-TRD MDD covered by Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare health plans.
To speak with Steve directly, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.