As you jump into 2021, we want to thank you again for your engagement with us last year. 2020 brought new experiences across almost every dimension of our lives, and for many of us reminded us of why we went into healthcare as a profession.
Reflecting briefly on 2020, PRECISIONheor has much to be proud of:
- We delivered >200 research studies for our clients across a wide range of common, chronic illnesses, multiple cancers and many ultra-rare diseases. Our work resulted in 23 papers in the peer-reviewed literature.
- We grew our research staff to over 80 with 25 new hires.
- Our “thought leadership” endeavors included four webinars that attracted >350 participants, including A Novel Method to Improve Validity and Relevance of Indirect Comparison and Network Meta-Analysis moderated by Ross Maclean with Precision’s Jeroen Jansen, and scientific advisor David Phillippo, and Evidence Challenges and Synthesis Solutions for Health Economic Modeling with Ross Maclean, Jeroen Jansen and Shannon Cope.
Looking to the year ahead, PRECISIONheor in energized and focused:
- We are excited about three strategic partnering opportunities that bring new patient-level US healthcare data to you. The first includes detailed data from post-acute/long-term care settings; the second is a massive open-source claims dataset of >280M people; and the third is an integrated EHR at a nationally-representative IDN in the mid-Atlantic region that serves >8.5M people. Clearly each dataset serves different needs – let’s talk!
- Hiring continues to be a key priority, and we’ll be further expanding our talented research staff to meet the growing demand for our services (and our EU presence is predicted to double!). Click here to find out about the positions we have open.
- We are already gearing up for a few virtual events through June 2021, such as Gene Therapy for Rare Disorders, February 23-25, and Jeroen Jansen and Sarah Goring delivering a virtual ISPOR Course: Network Meta-Analysis in Relative Effectiveness Research, February 24-25. Other virtual seminars will shortly be announced.
Finally, we’ve included three of our latest COVID-19 thought leadership pieces and an introduction to our newest Senior Research Scientist, Diana Nagarwalla, based in London. Diana’s interest in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry stems from her own experience with open heart surgery at a young age – and she’s already inspiring us all!
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out if you’d like to talk to me or any of our HEOR team members about your priorities in 2021.
Ross Maclean, MD
EVP and Head of Medical Affairs
Kathy Lang, PhD
Senior Vice President
Want updates? Follow PRECISIONheor on LinkedIn!